Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A year...

It's been a year since we lost our pmp (partial molar pregnancy) baby. I can't believe it's been a year. In some ways I still feel that intense pain of not seeing the heartbeat during the u/s and hearing those awful words, and then the fear and ache of the D&C. Tomorrow (10/29) is a year since the d&c...we are going to go to church and light a candle for our baby.
Thank God I have Joshua. I don't know how I would be able to get through this day without him. I hate how much my girls have grown up this past year because of our family's loss. I look back at a year ago when they learned so much about death and heart break, and I feel so sad that they had to endure something that even adults have a hard time understanding. I'm so glad they now are big sisters and get to feel that joy that they should have felt in May.

1 comment:

  1. Your family is GORGEOUS and I am so happy for you, Nelson, and the girls!!! Congratulations!!!! One of these days I'm bringing you dinner....might be when Joshua is 10 months old at the rate I'm going but, hey, it will still be one less thing to cook that day :)

    ReplyDelete