My boy is 8 weeks old, which is crazy. I held a week old baby today, and couldn't believe how huge/heavy Joshua is compared to the sweet baby girl I held today. I got in the car after my short visit and literally started crying. I'm not ready for my baby to get bigger. I want to keep him this snuggling sweet newborn forever. He's already in some 3-6 month clothes, and in size 2 diapers. He's a couple days shy of 2 months...craziness.
He is developing a little personality, and I absolutely love everything about him. Some of the things he likes right now are:
ceiling fans ;)
the baby swing
pacifier
his family
the stroller (falls asleep instantly in there :) )
mirrors
He dislikes:
loud sounds, he's still getting startled pretty easily (seems to be used to his sisters loud voices though :) )
stop and go traffic when he's in the car
being put down when he's awake ;)
I absolutely love being his Mom. The girls are so very in love with him too. I've started to not freak out as much by their contact with him. If I give them little jobs to do with him they LOVE it. We've been giving all 3 kids a bath together, and the girls love washing the baby's back, or getting out and getting his towel. It's really so sweet. He's still a night owl, I'm hoping he's like the girls and by 3 months is sleeping through the night.
We have a busy, exciting weekend coming up. Friday, Nelson and I have a date night; Saturday, the girls are painting pottery with Santa in Tampa; and Sunday we have a birthday party to go to...so I'm sure there will be lots of pictures to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment