Here's a picture of the girls doing their Grandma's hair yesterday...they wanted her to look like a "rockstar" ;)
Joshua is still in our room. I know. He's almost 4 months old, lol. We tried for one night to put him in his crib, and our sleeping-through-the-night baby became an up twice a night baby....back in his bassinet and he sleeps from 10-7. My friend recommended putting him in his crib for naps to get him used to the crib...but he only naps in my arms or the swing...usually my arms. I know this is bad, but I actually love it. He's my last baby. He's very very spoiled when it comes to being held. I put him down for tummy time, playtime on his activity mat, in the swing when I need a break, bassinet at night and when Nelson hold him...the majority of the day he's in my arms. After having the girls, who turned four overnight...I know how quickly this stage goes. I just want to enjoy absolutely every second of it. We do need our room back...so I'm sure we'll try and transition putting the baby in his room soon...hoping it goes well...I am loving the sleep I am getting again :).
On an entirely different note, Tim Tebow is going to be in a Pro-Life commercial during the Super Bowl. I was very surprised by this. My brothers both walked in Washington to support life, and personally I'm pro-life, but I do think women should be allowed to be pro-choice. If a woman was attacked and chose abortion because she was afraid her baby would look like or act like her attacker I don't think it's my right to say that is wrong. I would say I wouldn't do it, but I've never been in those shoes. Anyway, I'm Catholic and any type of birth control is seen as wrong. We have made sure we won't have any more children with permnament birth control, and I hate the guilt that brings. For me, I know it's the right choice, and the only judge I have is God. God knows my heart, and my fears, and all that has happened and I feel God understands and supports our choice. Our family is complete. After our loss I knew I wanted another baby that our family wasn't complete yet. So, we tried again and God blessed us with a healthy babe...but, the entire pregnancy I was terrified. I cried his first month of life because I was so overwhelmed with joy and relief after being scared for so long. I do know though after being pregnant with Joshua that I can't be pregnant again. I can't go through that fear when I am so positive our family is complete. We also have a tendency of hitting odds. 1 in 250 pregnancies result in identical twins...BINGO! 1 in 1000 pregnancies result in a molar pregnacy...us again!!! So, we are a family of 5 and happy...yet, I hate the guilty feeling I have when someone at our church asks us if we'll have more...guilt...guilt...guilt. I need to not worry so much about what others think. As long as I feel good about my relationship with God, and my husband and I are on the same page that's all that matters.
Here are some of the many faces of my boy :)....
You can agree with the basic doctrine of a church but still disagree with some specific practices. I'd venture to guess most of the people who go to your church couldn't reference any biblical passage that supports the idea that birth control is wrong - they've been taught that so they follow it, no questions. You, on the other hand, are using your relationship with God and your own knowledge of His word to make your decision... even if it's not what the church taught you. To that I say Amen. Listening to God is always the best idea.
ReplyDelete...and my thoughts on Tim Tebow and the Focus on the Family ad are mixed as well. I am curious to see how it's presented. I have a feeling that it is not necessarily supporting the overturning of Roe v Wade as much as it is promoting LIFE when faced with the choice. I guess we'll see!