Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012

I'm naming this the year of travel. I want to be around people I love, and make every moment count. We haven't hit the lottery, so it's going to be close trips, or short trips, but trips that matter.



In February Brianna and I are going to North Carolina. I want to be with Anna's parents for her birthday and visit where my best friend is laid to rest. Then, in April or May Nelson and I are going to NY to celebrate my close friend's birthday, and have a late celebration for Nelson's birthday. My annual girl's trip is in the works too! I have to bring Mikayla somewhere at some point too, and she's hoping for Seattle...I would love that. I'm hoping it all works out!


Nana, the hero, and Gracie.



This year hasn't gone exactly as I was hoping it would. Nelson's best friend, Menash, lost his home, 3 out of 4 of their pets and all their belongings in a house fire. It's devastating, but the important thing is that Menash, Nichole and all 3 girls are just fine. It's such a blessing that they got out in time. Their dog, Nana, who didn't make it made Menash aware of the fire, and she is such a hero. Also, Menash's brother's wife, Erin, has stage 4 breast cancer, and after a trip to Houston she didn't get the news we were all hoping for. BUT, God is good. We are praying that God heals Erin. Erin is a wonderful person to use to show God's goodness, and she's doing a wonderful job showing other's God's light. Please pray for our friends. There is no way something could have happened to Nelson's best friend, after what I've been dealing with for the past 9 months. We seriously would have moved to an island and put our kids in a bubble. 2012, you are welcome to give us health, happiness, and joy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. They will be in my prayers. Here's to a happy and healthy 2012 to you and your friends.

    Hayley
    Www.hayleysworld.com

    ReplyDelete