Tuesday, November 17, 2009

6 week post op appt.


Had my 6 week post op appt. SO strange that this time last year I was going to the OB weekly for blood draws to make sure my hcg wasn't rising showing that the pmp had led to cancer...and now I'm done going to the OB. I brought Joshua along and everyone oohed and ahhed over him. It feels like the past year has been such a rollercoaster, and now my perfect baby is here and it's just the best feeling.


We've had some feeding issues here in our zoo...ugh. We offered Joshua a bottle for the first time Friday so I could have a break...well, he loved it. Bottles are so much easier, so he prefered it. Then, he didn't want to nurse afterwards. I called the lactation consultant and she said sometimes when babies are offered a bottle they don't want to go back. She offered some pointers and we are just now, 4 days later, getting back on track. I am hoping we can re-introduce a bottle soon because it's hard being the only one who can feed Joshua when I also have 2 other kids to take care of. I am also so sleep deprived...and I'm not the type of person who does well without sleep.


I was worried about losing my supply and if Joshua was doing well since he hasn't been eating great since Friday. Well, we pulled out a scale my parents had gotten us when the girls were babes. I put Joshua on it and thought for sure it was broken. Nelson went and got out an 8 lb. weight and put it on the scale...the scale was NOT broken. So, I again put Joshua on the scale. It said he was almost 12 lbs!!!!!!!!! A week ago he was 10 lbs. Guess he's gaining, lol. So, I'm trying to not worry to much about feedings right now ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment