Year in Review: This year has been so wonderful...here are the highlights :)
January: We got the "all clear" from the Dr. to try and get pregnant after FINALLY being negative after months of testing my hcg after a partial molar pregnancy. Thank God I was cancer free, and able to try after the shortest wait time for partial molar pregnancies. Nelson and I went to Amelia Island and rode horses on the beach and were ready to face 2009 with a positive outlook. Our friends, Sara and Dan, also welcomed their son Evan this month!
February: We found out the first week of Feb. that we were expecting! God blessed us and let it happen immediately for us! No morning sickness either! Quite a different pregnancy from the girls :). Nelson turned 27. We had visits from my cousins and Anna and Shawn this month too! Lots of fun! Our friends, Theresa and Andy welcomed their son, Elijah, this month!
March: Pregnancy was going well! Girls were in ballet classes and loving it!
April: We planned quite the trip for the end of April and beginning of May. In April we drove from FL to Pennsylvania and stayed in Hershey. The girls loved the chocolate factory, children's garden, and caves we got to explore. We then headed to New York!
May: This month was an incredible one for our family. We started the month off in NY visiting with our good friends and celebrating their daughter, Madelyln's birthday. Then, we were off to Niagra Falls! SO beautiful, and even though the girls and I got really sick we had such a blast. Such wonderful memories were made. On our way home we stopped in NC and got to visit with our cousins and Anna. When we got home I had an ultrasound that showed we were expecting a BOY! More importantly, it showed our babe looked nice and healthy! The girls also had their ballet recital this year and did such a great job.
June: Nelson and I celebrated our 6th anniversary! It fell on Father's Day so along with celebrating our love, we celebrated the fact that Nelson is such a great Dad. Nelson and I also became Godparents to Rebecca and Justine, our girls' best friends. It was such an honor, and we are looking forward to help guide them religiously and being a special role in their lives.
July: I turned 28...inching way too close to my 30's :). I also got to go to Savannah with some of my best girls, Alison and Alison for a much-needed girls weekend :). It was made even more special by the fact that we were all expecting! Two of my friends welcomed babies into the world. Jen, had Leah (who was due on my birthday!) and Maureen had baby Zachary :).
August: The girls started pre-school again. Anna came to town and threw me a wonderful baby shower. The month ended with me and half my family getting the swine flu...ugh.
September: Was a month of taking it easy before the arrival of our babe. Nelson and I also became Godparents to our friends, Jen and Carl's daughter, Leah. It is such an honor and we look forward to watching her grow up in God's light.
October: Well, was this quite a month! On the 6th we welcomed our son...Joshua Nelson all 7 lbs and 13 oz of pure perfection! It went exactly as I had hoped and on the 8th we were all home together! On the 9th my girls turned 4!!!!!!!! What a week this will forever be in our family :). Our close friends, Alison and Bob, welcomed their daughter Mabel two weeks later!
November: Is another month of birthdays in my family...Mom, sister and youngest brother. November seemed to fly by and we celebrated Thanksgiving with so much to be thankful for. I also got to go to my close friend, Alison's baby shower. It was Joshua's first big outing :).
December: Was full of Christmas activities, Joshua's Baptism, and celebrating Jesus' birth with family and the joy in our kids' eyes. We end '09 with the baby having RSV, and Mommy being sick...but besides illnesses this year I can't imagine how it could be topped :).
What an amazing year it has been, and I'm looking forward to what the next decade holds. When 2000 began I was in a different relationship and in my first year of college...and here I am in 2010 going to celebrate my 7th year of marriage, 3 kids, a home we love, family close, this was such an amazing decade! I'm blessed to also still be surrounded by a group of friends I treasure and love.
2009 was a great year wasn't it. Hope 2010 tops it for all of us! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHayley