My birthday is on Monday, and I'm so excited. I LOVE birthdays. I love everything about it, decorations, blowing out the candle, and wishing for something special for the year ahead, presents, being with loved ones, the excitement, my parents always made a HUGE deal out of birthdays. When I was little money was tight and they still would go all out for our birthday celebration. It's been important to me that my kids always have special birthdays too. (In fact, their October birthday party is almost completely planned ;) ). I'm not even upset about it being my last year of my 20's. I think since I feel old after having 3 kids, and having lots of friends in their 30's that I already feel like I'm out of my 20's. I might feel differently when it becomes official next year though ;).
As far as J's 9 mo. check up. Dr. isn't concerned at all that he's not crawling, but I did call last week and register him for a community screening at the hospital where he was born. The dr. said this can't hurt, and we can come in a week after the assessment to talk about it. It'll be August 20th. So, we'll see. I'm hoping by then he's crawling and I can go into the assessment with ease, and just see how he measures (my friend has brought all 3 of her kids to this assessment just to see how they are doing exactly even though she had no concerns).
My boy is growing great-29 inches (75%), 18 lbs. 6 oz. (20 %) Tall and lean boy. This cracks me up because my girls were 18 lbs. when they turned one, so 18 lbs. at 9 months seems huge to me ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment