Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Everything....

Reminded me of Anna today....I miss her so much.


A friend texted me today to tell me she saw the girls in a local magazine. I didn't know about it, and am anxious to see the picture. When the girls were on the cover of The ParentGuide magazine last year Anna was in town when we got the copies. She was the proudest best friend and Aunt I've ever seen. She got like 5 copies for herself. The ParentGuide had a tent set up at the seafood festival in Safety Harbor that we went to, and it was the first time we had seen the magazine. She was so giddy with me, and just bursting with pride. We got tons of copies, and when she grabbed a stack for herself I was just so thankful for how proud of my girls she was. So thankful for her love.

Then, tonight I went and saw the movie, Something Borrowed, with Sara. It is about best friends loving the same guy. When they talked about the best friends being there for everything important it just broke my heart. Then, the premise of the movie goes against all girl code. Anna would have done anything to make sure I didn't hurt. When, I went through heart break she had so much anger towards my ex-boyfriend. When we saw him at a movie theatre like a year after the break up when I was happy and dating Nelson we all said awkward hello's except for Anna. She glared, and when we parted ways said she wished she could scream and punch him. That's girl code. I pray she knows I love her as intensely as she loved me. I'm just really really missing her.

Brianna blows kisses Heavenward to her Godmother, and so it's something I've started doing. Sounds kind of weird, but whatever helps...and it helps. Yesterday when I blew kisses up to her there was a cross shape in the middle of clouds. I got out my phone and took a picture because it was really comforting.






Alison and her family were in town this past week for a visit and that was really good for me. Alison is like my family and I needed to be around another one of my best friends and feel that connection side-by-side. It was also wonderful to have our children together. I love seeing my loved ones' kids play with mine. I dreamed of this as a girl...when everyone else dreamed about what college they'd go to, or who they would marry I dreamed about being a Mom. So, to have the kids of my friends who grew up with me and were just girls when I was dreaming of being a mom...well, it's just amazing to me to watch our kids together.




Nelson and I get two dates this week...this is just crazy. Lighting game on Thursday and Sunday we are going to a concert during the day...we haven't been out together alone during the day since our 5th anniversary trip in Vegas. Crazy! Dates are rare, but it just makes them that much more meaningful. Going to make some good memories with my husband this week :). Hope you all make some great memories this week too...because really the good memories are so important.

1 comment: