Well, I got this idea from a reality show I watched, but, it's something we've implemented in our family dinners. I love it! For the past week we ask the girls what the peak of their day was, and what the pit of their day was. Brianna's all week has been something about Joshua hugging her or playing with her, and her pit has been about a tantrum she had over not wanting to eat dinner or complaining about something. It's funny that we have the same pit of the day ;). Mikayla (my big pleaser) usually says "everything" is her peak of the day and nothing is her pit ;). It's been so fun opening up more conversation and laughing together as a family over dinner as we talk about our day.
We have also started a family prayer journal. I love it. I got the idea from a book we read in the Bible study I was a part of, "Raising Children of Faith". It's just a notebook that the kids decorated, and every night we go around and share prayer requests. What's awesome is that we look back and can see God has healed whoever was hurt/sick, or God has answered our prayer for our friend to have a safe pregnancy or have someone arrive safely into town. It's a great reminder to the kids that God is listening, and prayers are being answered. We also ask Joshua who/what he'd like like to pray for. Usually it's Grandpa, Uncle or balls. We are thankful for toy balls. My son could throw a ball back and forth for hours and I'm glad he wants to thank God for them ;).
Today, marked week 2 of swim lessons and Joshua floated on his own! Andy, our friend and his instructor, is so impressed with how well he is doing! He taught the girls, and has said Joshua has been the best Perez. Ha! I really think the fact that he's younger is really a benefit. Today was a good day.
We play that game at the dinner table too. We call it high/low. :)
ReplyDeleteCathy