
This year the girls both asked for a LeapPad. This was my first year hunting for the "hot toy". Now more are on the shelves, but for weeks there were none, and honestly I kind of went into a panic. This was the ONE thing they really wanted, and I had to make their wish come true.
My friend told me she could use a discount at the store where she works, and asked if I'd like her to pick up two, this was mid-November. I was thankful, and said yes! Well, they were sold out! She needed one for her daughter, so we both got nervous. I ended up finding one at Toys 'R Us. After tons of phone calls, and finding out when deliveries come in, I sent Nelson there early in the morning when they opened. They had 5, and would only sell one per person. So, we were still on the hunt for one. Craziness. I signed up at zoolert.com after seeing a comment on Leapfrog's facebook page suggesting this. I got many alerts that there were some in stock, and after following the link to purchase they would already be gone! Well, 2 days after signing up for zoolert, I was able to buy one at barnesandnoble.com! Yay!! So, now I have two LeapPad's tucked away for my girlies to open Christmas morning. Unfortunately, they heard me calling all the time...I tried to hide it, but those girls hear everything!! I didn't even realize they heard me, until they were telling Santa what they wanted, and didn't list the LeapPad. I asked why they didn't ask for their biggest wish list item, and they said, "Oh, because you and Daddy are getting us that!". Oh. Well, they will be happy girls Christmas morning.
For a minute there I was getting wrapped up in the silly present, and not focusing on the fact that it's just a present. We only got them one game. We are going to get them more games for good behavior. They are pricey, so if they show us that they can not whine, fight with one another, and show just overall good behavior for awhile then they will be able to choose a new game. I'm hoping it's really good incentive for them!
If you ever have a hot toy you need I suggest signing up at zoolert.com, and be patient because I'm sure you'll find your hot toy, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment