Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 2




Well, the girls love kindergarten. Mikayla has made so many friends (9 to be exact). Brianna is proving to be more shy. She always plays with her sister and a certain boy she talks a lot about. She said she doesn't know how to get the other kids to play with her. Whereas, Mikayla just walks up and says, "Hi! Want to be my friend? What's your name by the way? Haha! I think Brianna will be fine once she gets to know everyone better. She's not a wallflower, but just takes time to open up, like her mama. It's cracking me up to hear them talk when they come home. They both play safety patrol when they come home, and act out what the patrols do. They dream about being safety patrols when they are in 5th grade. It's so cute!! They have been absolutely exhausted once they do get home. My girls were still taking naps, and now with only 30 minutes to rest it's taking a toll on them. But, boy I tuck them in at 7, and they are silent! Open House is tomorrow...can't wait to hear how their day is going!




I have been feeling really sad lately (not that I'm not always missing Anna), but, I think the days are harder with the girls in school. It's quiet a lot. Joshua is busy, but he's not a big talker, or much of a conversationalist...so, there's a lot of quiet. It's deafening with my every thought missing Anna. I so miss the girls' constant chatter to keep me afloat. We send kisses to heaven, something Brianna started, and now when I tell Joshua to give his Aunt Anna kisses he looks up so sweetly and blows kisses heavenward. It's such a bittersweet thing to see. My children will always have their Aunt Anna's love, memories and stories to fill up their heart. I cling to our memories, but I so wish I felt like my heart wasn't missing so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment